Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Being Tagged is the worst!

Fuck! Well, that's what I thought when I read Mathdude's blog.


Ten Years Ago


Ten years ago, almost to the day, I was walking down the isle marrying my perverted husband, Schmoopie. I was living in "da hood' of Rockville, Maryland and working for one of the US's most prestigious rental car companies... (is that an oxymoron?) I was the Recruiting Manager for a region consisting of about 30 offices hiring college kids.


5 Things on Today's To Do list:


Laundry- I'm not working today
Prepare a healthy square meal for my family
Volunteer in my son's classroom
Haircut/color
Grocery shop


I managed to do the volunteering, hair and grocery shop so far. 3/5 ain't bad for me. I suck at lists.

If I were a billionaire
I wouldn't work
I wouldn't do laundry
I wouldn't clean my house

I would:
Own a helicopter so I could get Schmoopie to work easier.. (He'd still work, it's MY money, right?)
Work out with a personal trainer every day
Hire a cook and maid
Consider getting a boob lift (not a boob job, a lift)

3 Bad Habits

1. Watch too much tv. I live for it. I have something almost every night and EVERYTHING else is worked around the TV. My sex life thanks the inventor of the DVR.
2. I drive carelessly. While I have sworn off talking on the cell while driving, I do drive too fast at times and have had a couple of near misses. I do not tailgate, but I do love my horn and my middle finger. It will get me in trouble some day if I don't stop.
3. I love to gossip. Mostly, I gossip at work, but generally it's all the time. I feel bad on Sundays and swear I'm going to stop!

Places I've lived

NY for most of my life. Troy, NY, Cortland, NY, West Point, NY, Highland Falls, NY...

And also Newport News, VA, Ft.Leavenworth, Kansas (no, I wasn't a prisoner) San Jose, California, San Antonio, TX (one of my favorite!) Atlanta, GA (one of my least favorites!) Fairfax VA and Maryland. I really like where we live now and don't see us moving any time soon.

Jobs I've had:

It all starts with babysitting, doesn't it? I think my first gig was in 6th grade. Why? Who in their right mind would trust me with their child? Desperation, I suppose!
Hair washer for the local gay hairdresser. It was a one man show in town and the guy did die of AIDS sometime after I quit. I mean, who wouldn't be devastated to lose their best hair washer to McDonald's across the street? Cashier at McDonald's-gave away many a big Macs in the drive thru.
Cashier at the museum, Answering phones at the church (I think every kid in my family did this except maybe Tony Alva). I joined the Army Reserves and that ended up being my "job" during my college summers. Worked as a cashier at the local PX one Xmas break, the same place I was busted for shoplifting while in hs. I guess management turned over? I dunno! I held a couple of temp jobs while in college, as well as worked in the Financial Aid office at school. I held an internship at an advertising agency my Jr. year. Was activated during Desert Shield and worked in an Army hospital for 8 months-that was cool. After graduation, I began my career with the most amazing rental car company and I've worked there ever since! I am a recruiter. Whew! Whoa, wait, I forgot, most importantly... Mother to one, Ethan!

I wanted to upload a photo, but I need lessons from Mathdude.

4 comments:

Tony Alva said...

Your perv husband. huh? Here's a news flash, all men are pervs.

To upload photos on blogger, in the compose screen, click the photo icon and the photo upload sceen will pop up. Click browse, select the photo you want to add to your post, select small, med, or large, left, right or center, and hit upload. If you want to place the photo deeper in the text, simply click and hold it in the compose view and slowly drag it down to where you want it.

You need to blog about M&D's visit...

Feisty Democrat said...

Quit your cryin' about being tagged - Beth tagged me twice! At least you/I have something to write about. All I got right now is TV commercials that bug me until TA digitalizes my video I GAVE HIM A MONTH AND A HALF AGO.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, hello? San Jose, CA was near your favorite cousins, David Shigamoto, and Frontier Village. What could be better than that?

And forget the lift: you would look so good with Triple-D's (ER, that's for you)!

Mathdude, since you obviously have a LOT of time on your hands. Couldn't you figure out how to "digitalize" your own stuff, like most of the nation's 12-year-olds?

coolmomma said...

Buzz,
Sweetie, I am way too young to remember David Shigamoto... I know him only through your stories.